Merit Badge Counselors
Merit Badges NOT available at either long-term Summer Camp, nor at Merit Badge University are one of the features of our meetings. Troop 286 always needs Merit Badge Counselors in a wide variety of subjects. And we can use your help!
All Merit Badge Counselors must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America. Even if you are already registered in another position, you must still complete a BSA Adult Application #28-501F form with the Position Code “42”( no charge). Note: Effective April 1, 2003, the Social Security Number on all adults is required by the National Boy Scouts of America. Send this form, along with the BSA Adult Application form to The Boy Scout Handbook instructs the Scout to meet with you, before he starts to establish a mutual understanding of the requirements and his commitment to complete those requirements. Once completed, Merit Badge Councelor forms may be given to the Scoutmaster or Committee Chairman who will see that they are processed.
Merit Badge Counselor Application
- Download Merit Badge Counselor Application (Adobe PDF)
- View and Print Merit Badge Subject Numbers
- ALL NEW MB Counselors must also fill out an Adult Leader Application (no fee needed)
- Merit Badge Counselors need to take Youth Protection Training
- May be completed on-line: Click Here To Complete